Syndicated from http://www.sopogy.com – MicroCSP Solar.
MicroCSP Published Items
- Sopogy Strengthens Execution Capabilities - Management changes are focused on rapid commercialization of solar steam and process heat markets. Belmont, CA. — March 19, 2013 – Sopogy, Inc., a concentrating solar thermal technology company, today announced that it has appointed David Fernandez as its President and Chief Operating Officer to strengthen its execution capabilities. Furthermore, the company has appointed Darren T. [...]
- Venture capitalists honor Sopogy founder, others - By Star-Advertiser staff POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Jan 25, 2013 The Hawaii Venture Capital Association on Thursday presented its 2012 “Deal of the Year” award to Darren Kimura, the founder and CEO of a Honolulu-based company that pioneered the concept of micro-concentrated solar power systems. Kimura’s Sopogy Inc. has deployed its technology at facilities in [...]
- Sopogy Receives 2012 Hawaii Venture Capital Association Deal of the Year Award - The Hawaii Venture Capital Association awarded its 2012 HVCA Deal of the Year to Darren Kimura, CEO of Sopogy, maker of concentrated thermal solar collectors. In addition five local entrepreneurs were acknowledged in various categories with the HVCA Entrepreneur of the Year award. The Young Entrepreneur award went to Scott Mercer of Volta Industries, makers of [...]
- Sopogy, Inc. Announces Close of Series E Funding Led by Mitsui & Co., Ltd. - November 26, 2012 Company intensifies commercialization of solar steam and renewable industrial process heat markets HONOLULU, HI.— November 26, 2012 – Sopogy, a concentrating solar thermal technology company today announced the closing of its Series E round of preferred stock and warrants led by Mitsui & Co., Ltd. (“Mitsui”). Also participating in the round were [...]
- Hawaii’s solar power flare-up: Too much of a good thing? - So many private solar panels are returning power to the grid that utilities fear their systems can't handle it all.
- The Climate Reality Project - YOU’RE INVITED TO CHANGE THE WORLD. NOVEMBER 14-15, 2012 Dirty energy has created a world of Dirty Weather. Today, climate disruption affects us all. And it will take all of us together to solve it. Join us for 24 Hours of Reality: The Dirty Weather Report, when together we will stand up and demand real [...]
- Desalination Pilot Project Harnesses Solar Power - UH hopes technology adapted from work at the school will fuel licensing revenue.
- Palm Springs Air Museum to adopt cutting-edge A/C - Sopogy MicroCSP, uses solar thermal troughs to collect and intensify heat from the sun to heat liquid, which will then be used to cool the 22,000-square-foot hangar where the planes are displayed.
- Sunlight’s heat will cool down youth center at Davis-Monthan - Sopogy Inc., a Hawaii-based energy company, is installing a new type of solar-energy system at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base that will use heat from sunlight to create chilled air.
- Keahole Solar Power, HECO sign power-purchase agreement to use Sopogy technologies - The 5 Megawatt project on Oahu is slated for completion in 2012 and will be the largest Concentrating Solar Power project with storage in Hawaii